Our dedicated student welfare and IAG officer:
- Assesses the student’s stage (with the support of the Director Of Studies) of development (academic, career, and personal) and promotes learner growth by determining suitable developmental tasks; assists learner in establishing realistic and attainable academic and career goals.
- Maintains learner files and records; documents all pertinent learner information; updates computerized information system regarding changes to student status.
- Interprets and explains Academy policies and procedures; participates in the preparation of orientations and presents academic information to new learners and parents during orientation.
- Checks various forms for accuracy such as grade checks, overload petitions, curriculum changes; assists learners in their completion.
- Gathers and/or calculates necessary information such as Grades or enrolment statistics; prepares various reports as requested.
- Assists learners with admission and registration/ provide guidance in course selection in keeping with the student’s interests, values, and abilities.
- To develop and review syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies in the department.
- Identifies options for the learner to satisfy degree requirements; evaluates and makes recommendations on petitions and amendments to student’s program of study; assists students incompletion.
- Monitors academic progress of students; analyses progress reports from instructors; determines eligibility and satisfactory progress toward a degree; identifies current and potential needs or problem areas (e.g., study skills, tutoring) and refers students to appropriate campus resources for assistance; communicates findings to coaches and administrators.
- Interprets and explains academy policies and procedures; participates in the preparation of orientations and presents academic information to new students and parents during orientation.
- Provide all types of pastoral supports for learners.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing Information, Advice, and Guidance for learners and other respondents.