JOB TITLE: CAREER ADVISOR
JOB CODE: 3564
VACANT: 1 POSITION
SALARY: £26,400.00 per annum
As a career Advisor, the candidate will help people make realistic choices about their education, training and work by providing the right advice, information and guidance.
Entry Requirements of this Job:
• A strong academic track record to degree level.
• Relevant experience in Careers Guidance is desirable.
Tasks required by this job include:
• Help to develop client CVs and advise on completing applications, job hunting and interview techniques.
• Research various careers, training options and support organisations that can aid your clients.
• Deliver group sessions and presentations on both career and personal development topics.
• Source informational products or create careers literature to benefit your clients.
• Maintain current knowledge of labour market information and legislation.
• Use computer programmes to run skills assessments and aptitude tests to identify client strengths.
• Guide clients to help find appropriate training courses, qualifications and available funding options.